Many of our engagements involve matters in which our clients face significant public attention. The following is a list of news stories about the firm, our clients, cases and the results we have achieved.
Client Alert July 24, 2019
- For those considering investing in projects tied to China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), corruption and bribery are major areas of concern.
- In the event of fraud or misconduct allegations, parties and their counsel will need to understand and anticipate how global anti-corruption enforcers might approach such investigations.
- Carrying out a series of “stress tests” or appointing an independent third-party examiner are two examples of proactive measures companies can take to mitigate the risk of being on the wrong end of an anti-corruption investigation.
Client Alert May 22, 2019
- Relations between India and the U.S. have recently experienced a few blows, including the termination of the former's preferential trading status with the U.S.
- For future Indian defendants, it will be of paramount importance to understand the strategies and tactics of U.S. enforcement agencies in charge of bribery, national security and fraud investigations.
- When regulators come knocking, those who choose to sit idly by will find themselves at a disadvantage.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tim O'Keefe | Global Head of Marketing & Communications
email | +1 212 488 1200