Client Alert February 28, 2023
- In Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases where the chances of recovery seem slim, global unsecured creditors may have to get creative and look outside the U.S. to improve their prospects.
- Assets in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) – the world’s second largest economy – offers a surprising source of asset recovery opportunities.
- We explain how creditors can unlock value in China and maximize their recovery.
Client Alert November 23, 2022
- As the place of incorporation for many entities, Delaware has become a center for resolving high-stakes, cross-border insolvencies.
- But many parties, especially from outside the U.S., default to using Chapter 11 bankruptcy, when it can be long, drawn-out, unpredictable and costly.
- Our Insolvency and Delaware teams outline alternatives in the state that could be quicker and cheaper.
Client Alert May 30, 2019
- In U.S. Chapter 11 cases (especially those involving unsecured creditors), non-traditional asset sources often offer the best hope of recovery.
- Assets based in China can present surprising asset recovery opportunities for U.S. creditor committees.
- There is a range of options at a committee's disposal to unlock value from claims against PRC entities, and experience, creativity and local support on both sides of the Pacific are essential to securing monetization.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283