Client Alert December 15, 2023
- The new administration of Javier Milei in Argentina marks a shift away from the political establishment, with his promises to purge the “political caste.”
- Politically exposed persons may be at risk – new authorities around the world often engage in politically motivated investigations.
- At-risk individuals and businesses should take proactive steps to protect their assets, liberty and reputation.
Client Alert April 12, 2023
- The tumultuous power transfer in Brazil has sparked investigations into the new administration’s political opponents.
- This is an example of a larger global trend where regime change may result in politically motivated investigations, threatening a politically exposed person’s liberty, reputation and assets.
- Our team walks through proactive steps those at risk can take to protect themselves.
Client Alert October 24, 2022
- Brazil’s looming election could lead to a sharp shift in government and potentially, as part of a global trend, result in politically motivated investigations against rivals and their businesses.
- These investigations can involve misconstrued allegations or undermined due process, and can threaten even overseas assets.
- Our International Private Client team explains how politically exposed individuals can take proactive steps to protect their assets, liberty and reputation.
Client Alert March 3, 2021
- The U.S. Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), part of the recently-passed National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), has broken new ground by requiring beneficial owners of U.S. corporate entities to register with U.S. government authorities.
- While the CTA appears to shut out private parties – such as creditors and victims of fraud – from accessing such information, there may be potential creative ways to work around this roadblock, bringing creditors one step closer to a substantial recovery of their assets.
- Nevertheless, creative creditors and their counsel might be able to obtain this information through certain channels to cut off escape routes for debtors and fraudsters, and obtain more complete recoveries.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283