Client Alert August 9, 2023
- After the SPAC boom of 2020 and 2021, many de-SPACed companies are now facing cash constraints and even bankruptcy.
- Companies and their sponsors could face increasing scrutiny and disputes from shareholders, creditors or regulators as a result.
- We explain how sponsors can be best positioned to prepare for the legal, financial and reputational risks that follow.
Client Alert April 12, 2023
- The tumultuous power transfer in Brazil has sparked investigations into the new administration’s political opponents.
- This is an example of a larger global trend where regime change may result in politically motivated investigations, threatening a politically exposed person’s liberty, reputation and assets.
- Our team walks through proactive steps those at risk can take to protect themselves.
Client Alert February 8, 2023
- Reputation is both a highly valuable and sensitive asset for ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs), and is constantly at risk.
- A strategically placed narrative aimed at undermining an individual’s commercial or political objectives can “snowball” to impact many aspects of their personal and professional lives.
- We explain how defensive and proactive strategies can be deployed to defend an UHNWI’s reputation, demonstrate their source of wealth and protect their freedom of movement around the world.
Client Alert October 24, 2022
- Brazil’s looming election could lead to a sharp shift in government and potentially, as part of a global trend, result in politically motivated investigations against rivals and their businesses.
- These investigations can involve misconstrued allegations or undermined due process, and can threaten even overseas assets.
- Our International Private Client team explains how politically exposed individuals can take proactive steps to protect their assets, liberty and reputation.
Client Alert October 21, 2022
- When crypto and blockchain companies, funds or exchanges find themselves the target of a sophisticated, large-scale fraud or cyber attack, speed through global reach is key.
- Companies often make impulsive decisions that imperil their recovery chances and business interests.
- The pseudonymous and borderless nature of cryptocurrency means companies need to take a cross-border and nontraditional approach to maximize success.
Client Alert May 26, 2021
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (“SPACs”) can provide sponsors—often high-net-worth individuals—with large returns.
- However, SPACs are not without their risks—there are growing signals the market may be cooling, which could lead to litigation and government enforcement.
- SPAC sponsors and advisors should prepare early in order to reduce their potential exposure.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283