Client Alert October 21, 2022
- When crypto and blockchain companies, funds or exchanges find themselves the target of a sophisticated, large-scale fraud or cyber attack, speed through global reach is key.
- Companies often make impulsive decisions that imperil their recovery chances and business interests.
- The pseudonymous and borderless nature of cryptocurrency means companies need to take a cross-border and nontraditional approach to maximize success.
Client Alert October 15, 2021
- The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has quietly increased scrutiny of digital currency markets, focusing on spoofing.
- Successful traders normally do not run from risk in their trading activities, yet they often do exactly that in the face of unfamiliar regulatory risks, leading to worse outcomes.
- Targets of regulatory enforcement should therefore consider a range of aggressive measures before responding to inquiries from enforcement authorities.
Client Alert May 31, 2018
- The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) are aggressively directing their enforcement resources to combat against digital currency traders in the UK and greater EMEA.
- Counsel located in the UK and greater EMEA region needs to be aware of the risks involved with this new-found aggression and how to prepare for any U.S.-driven regulatory inquiries or subpoenas.
- Firms representing European entities and individuals involved in cryptocurrency should be more comprehensive in their preparation.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283