Client Alert July 26, 2022
- A Chinese court recently recognized a commercial judgment issued by the English High Court in a landmark judgment.
- China has also made it easier for Hong Kong arbitrations to be recognized and enforced in China, as well as opening the door to interim measures.
- Our Claim Monetization team analyzes what these developments mean to foreign judgment and award creditors looking for opportunities in a historically tricky jurisdiction.
Client Alert November 23, 2021
- The Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), a gateway to enforcing judgments in the Middle East, has just seen significant barriers to enforcement removed.
- Creditors now have a much smoother path to collect on what they are owed both in onshore Dubai and across the region.
- Our global Claim Monetization & Dilution team unpacks how creditors can save significant time and money.
Client Alert July 23, 2021
- When monetizing a claim against a debtor, the interplay between arbitration and insolvency is not only critical but also varies by jurisdiction.
- When considering a cross-border strategy, it is essential to understand how each jurisdiction interrelates with the others.
- Kobre & Kim’s global Claim Monetization and Dilution Team answers the critical questions on these intricacies for key jurisdictions in this comparative guide.
Client Alert April 28, 2020
- Compared with UK discovery, with its limited scope and high costs, U.S. discovery can be a much more powerful and widely usable tool of enforcement.
- U.S. Discovery, unlike UK discovery, is not limited to documents contained within its national borders.
- Furthermore, documents discovered through U.S. discovery can often be used for purposes beyond those specifically identified in the original discovery application.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283