Kobre & Kim and Global Restructuring Review To Host Discussion on Cross-Border Insolvencies and Cryptocurrency
May 18, 2022
The rise in cross-border insolvencies of cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms creates new challenges for stakeholders, from bankruptcy trustees, liquidators and creditors to victims of fraud looking to recover their stolen digital assets. Differing insolvency regimes make global asset recovery difficult, and bankruptcy estates increasingly have to compete with aggressive government regulators to collect stolen assets.
Kobre & Kim’s cross-border team are leading a discussion – hosted by Global Restructuring Review – on key legal and strategic considerations when recovering crypto assets against the backdrop of complex, cross-border insolvencies, including:
- Dealing with cryptocurrency as an asset in insolvency proceedings
- Technical considerations of digital asset tracing across different jurisdictions
- The emerging legal landscape for recovering digital assets in the U.S., UK and offshore
- The use of tools available under cross-border insolvency laws to trace and recover cryptocurrency
- Digital asset forfeiture and the rise of government agencies in seizing crypto assets
The discussion, “Navigating Cross-Border Insolvencies Involving Cryptocurrency: Addressing Fraud and Maximizing Recovery,” will take place from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm London time on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, and features Daniel Saval, Andrew Stafford KC, Evelyn Sheehan, Timothy de Swardt and Amanda Tuminelli.