Client Alert May 22, 2019
- Relations between India and the U.S. have recently experienced a few blows, including the termination of the former's preferential trading status with the U.S.
- For future Indian defendants, it will be of paramount importance to understand the strategies and tactics of U.S. enforcement agencies in charge of bribery, national security and fraud investigations.
- When regulators come knocking, those who choose to sit idly by will find themselves at a disadvantage.
Client Alert March 21, 2019
- One of the most common forms of fraud affecting businesses worldwide is Business Email Compromise (BEC).
- Often based in Asia, BEC fraudsters are known to use a network of underground moneychangers to move stolen funds rapidly beyond the reach of victims.
- When affected, victims need to match the speed of the criminals, acting across multiple jurisdictions and with the full set of legal tools necessary to trace, freeze and recover assets effectively.
Client Alert June 7, 2018
- Recent judgments have provided victims with a new route to claim damages from third parties, and thereby widen the pool from which to make a recovery.
- Claimants in numerous common law jurisdictions now can bring two new types of claims against associates of fraudsters who have assisted in the dissipation of assets after a freezing order or judgment has been obtained.
- Creditors seeking to make recoveries against fraudsters based in offshore jurisdictions should consider these two new, but related, claims against third parties when developing their asset recovery strategy.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283