Client Alert June 22, 2023
U.S. Sanctions Against Individuals in Greater China May Come Suddenly: How Overseas Advisors Can Protect Their Clients from Overreach
- The U.S., UK and their allies are continuing to find tools to exert pressure on China.
- Businesspeople in Greater China with global interests could become targets of financial sanctions if diplomatic relations between China and the U.S. deteriorate further.
- We explain how financial and wealth advisors can mitigate the risks these clients face if they act early and decisively.
Client Alert April 12, 2023
- The tumultuous power transfer in Brazil has sparked investigations into the new administration’s political opponents.
- This is an example of a larger global trend where regime change may result in politically motivated investigations, threatening a politically exposed person’s liberty, reputation and assets.
- Our team walks through proactive steps those at risk can take to protect themselves.
Client Alert February 8, 2023
- Reputation is both a highly valuable and sensitive asset for ultra-high net worth individuals (UHNWIs), and is constantly at risk.
- A strategically placed narrative aimed at undermining an individual’s commercial or political objectives can “snowball” to impact many aspects of their personal and professional lives.
- We explain how defensive and proactive strategies can be deployed to defend an UHNWI’s reputation, demonstrate their source of wealth and protect their freedom of movement around the world.
Client Alert November 9, 2022
How Chinese Ultra-High-Net-Worth Individuals Can Protect Their Global Wealth from Seizure in a High-Tension World
- As geopolitical tensions heighten, Chinese ultra-high-net-worth individuals may become increasingly at risk of becoming the target of forfeiture by hostile foreign governments.
- Governments around the world have shown increasing willingness to go after assets owned by those in disfavored jurisdictions.
- By deploying a coordinated global strategy, Chinese UHNWIs can lawfully defend their legitimately earned wealth.
Client Alert October 24, 2022
- Brazil’s looming election could lead to a sharp shift in government and potentially, as part of a global trend, result in politically motivated investigations against rivals and their businesses.
- These investigations can involve misconstrued allegations or undermined due process, and can threaten even overseas assets.
- Our International Private Client team explains how politically exposed individuals can take proactive steps to protect their assets, liberty and reputation.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283