Client Alert January 18, 2023
Opportunities for Foreign Activist Investors to Take Advantage of Korea’s Shifting Corporate Landscape
- The Korean corporate landscape is becoming more favorable for activist campaigns.
- Foreign activist investors have new opportunities to push for change and maximize value, even against the biggest chaebols.
- Our team explains what these developments mean and how investors can take advantage.
Client Alert October 12, 2022
Maximize Shareholder Value: Activist Investor Strategies in Korea
- Recent developments in Korea have made Korean chaebols attractive to overseas activist investors.
- However, the intricacies of Korean capital markets and legal practice, and the influence of chaebols, mean investors need to tread carefully.
- Only by engaging in creative strategies that consider local and overseas factors can investors have the greatest chance of maximizing shareholder value.
Client Alert September 15, 2021
Minority Shareholders Gain Tools Against Corporate Abuse in Korea
- Minority shareholders of South Korean industrial conglomerates, or “chaebols,” have had few ways to protect their interests against controlling shareholders.
- However, with the passage of new amendments to the Korea Commercial Code (KCC), minority shareholders have gained new tools to even the playing field.
- Our Claim Monetization and Dilution team looks at the key changes and implications that minority shareholders and activist investors should know about.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283