Client Alert August 9, 2023
- After the SPAC boom of 2020 and 2021, many de-SPACed companies are now facing cash constraints and even bankruptcy.
- Companies and their sponsors could face increasing scrutiny and disputes from shareholders, creditors or regulators as a result.
- We explain how sponsors can be best positioned to prepare for the legal, financial and reputational risks that follow.
Client Alert March 16, 2023
- Governments have increased focus on third parties – including offshore trustees – as they look to enforce their sanctions regimes.
- This increases the risk trustees could become embroiled in an accusation of violating sanctions.
- Trustees should take proactive, globally comprehensive measures to reduce their risk and avoid a cross-border crisis.
Client Alert May 26, 2021
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (“SPACs”) can provide sponsors—often high-net-worth individuals—with large returns.
- However, SPACs are not without their risks—there are growing signals the market may be cooling, which could lead to litigation and government enforcement.
- SPAC sponsors and advisors should prepare early in order to reduce their potential exposure.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283