Client Alert September 21, 2023
- Aggressive antitrust enforcement is a priority for the U.S., both at home and abroad.
- Korean companies are on the radar, particularly with alleged procurement fraud, putting them at risk of massive fines and multijurisdictional investigations.
- We explain the risks and responses Korean companies should consider.
Client Alert January 30, 2023
- Korean and U.S. antitrust enforcers are working ever closer together in investigating potential anticompetitive behavior.
- Korean companies are at risk – even conduct based entirely in Korea could be scrutinized.
- We look at the enforcement hotspots and how Korean companies can deploy an effective multijurisdictional defensive strategy.
Client Alert January 24, 2022
- South Korea and U.S. antitrust regulators are increasing collaboration in cross-border matters, with the Biden administration gearing up enforcement.
- Potential targets include South Korean companies that conduct business with the U.S. Forces Korea (USFK).
- Our team explains why an aggressive, multi-jurisdictional defense is necessary to mitigate the risks
Client Alert May 15, 2019
- A recent meeting between antitrust enforcers from South Korea and the U.S. signals an increase in future collaboration between the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) on cross-border criminal antitrust enforcement.
- A greater degree of DOJ-KFTC collaboration will result in increasingly complex multinational antitrust litigation.
- When these enforcers take collaborative actions, targets will require equally coordinated defense strategies - likely combining the knowledge of both Korea and U.S. antitrust specialists.
For media inquiries, please contact:
email | +1 646 448 6283