Client Alert March 12, 2021
Don't Stand Passive Against Anti-Competitive Behavior: U.S. Court Endorses Private Sector Antitrust Tools
- Companies often believe that the only remedy for anti-competitive behavior comes from government intervention.
- However, as a recent U.S. appeals court decision illustrates, private parties can obtain relief themselves, even against “consummated” mergers approved by government regulators.
- This creative strategy is just one of many that companies can deploy by themselves when facing competitive challenges.
Client Alert November 17, 2020
- Section 1782 discovery in the United States is a powerful tool to access information and gain an edge in foreign proceedings.
- However, the power of this tool and the ease in which it is granted invites parties to use it in service of goals completely unrelated to ongoing proceedings, such as a negative PR campaign.
- Defeating a 1782 application is not easy, but there are counterarguments and cross-border tools available to fight back and turn the tables on an unscrupulous adversary.
Client Alert April 28, 2020
- Compared with UK discovery, with its limited scope and high costs, U.S. discovery can be a much more powerful and widely usable tool of enforcement.
- U.S. Discovery, unlike UK discovery, is not limited to documents contained within its national borders.
- Furthermore, documents discovered through U.S. discovery can often be used for purposes beyond those specifically identified in the original discovery application.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Alex Stevens | Leader of Global Communications
email | +1 646 448 6283