1919 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
+1 202 664 1952
Sydney Sgambato represents financial institutions, as well as their officers, directors and employees in high-stakes regulatory and criminal matters involving allegations of securities fraud and other financial misconduct. She defends clients in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and conducts internal investigations into allegations of fraud, money laundering and other types of misconduct.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Sgambato practiced at Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP and at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom. Prior to that, she clerked for the Honorable Robert B. Kugler of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- American University Washington College of Law, JD, summa cum laude (American University Law Review, Executive Editor)
- Salisbury University, BA
- Honorable Robert B. Kugler, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (2015-2016)
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, “Defense Considerations for Remote Interview Requests” (Law360, June 2020)
- Co-author, “The Responsible Corporate Officer Doctrine: Protections Are Needed Despite DOJ’s Cautious Approach” (Food and Drug Law Institute, November 2019)
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.