800 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022
1 212 488 1270
Sara Gribbon represents clients, particularly multinational corporations, involved in complex cross-border insolvency, restructuring, bankruptcy and debtor-creditor disputes. She also has experience serving as counsel in disputes involving major financial institutions, investors, and financial products and services.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Gribbon was a member of the corporate restructuring and bankruptcy practice at Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP, where she focused her practice on representing creditors and debtors in Chapter 11 and Chapter 9 matters.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York University School of Law, JD
- George Washington University, BA
- Representation of residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) trustees in multiple litigations pending in New York Supreme Court seeking that Merrill Lynch defendants repurchase mortgage loans.
- Representation of the unsecured creditors committee in the SunEdison bankruptcy in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, in adversary proceedings against first- and second-lien noteholders.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 company in implementing a global insolvency and enforcement strategy against a company accused of funding and supporting a multibillion-dollar fraud.
- Representation of the trustee in bankruptcy of the Petters Company Inc., arising from a Ponzi scheme involving US $5 billion+ in investments, as special counsel for international asset recovery.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- INSOL International, Member
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York City Bar Association, Member
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.