Rebecca G. Mangold
800 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022
+1 212 488 1271
Rebecca Mangold is an experienced lawyer focusing on a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, as well as international criminal and regulatory investigations.
Prior to joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Mangold clerked for the Honorable William J. Martini of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and practiced at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Harvard Law School, JD
- University of California, Los Angeles, BA
- Honorable William J. Martini, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Representation of senior officer of U.S. investment bank in an internal investigation and related U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigation regarding possible Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations by the investment bank in Asia.
- Representation of an automotive manufacturer in an investigation by the DOJ and the SEC.
- Representation of a life insurance company in securities litigation filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York arising out of the company’s demutualization.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in securities litigation filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York arising out of a patent litigation settlement.
- Representation of a director of a Florida bank owned by a major Portuguese financial group in responding to certain inquiries arising from an internal review of compliance matters conducted by the bank.
- Representation of a director of a bank owned by a major European financial group in connection with an internal review of compliance matters conducted by the bank, and inquiries by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA).
Professional & Community Involvement
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Asian American Bar Association of New York, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, "Breaking the Rules: 3 Ways to 'Lead' a Direct Examination" (Law360, October 2018)
- Co-author, "How To Use Nonleading Questions On Cross-Examination" (Law 360, September 2016)
- Speaker, “Perils at Home and Abroad: Dos and Don’ts for Conducting Cross-Border Investigations” (Prudential Minority and Women Owned Law Firms Conference, September 2016)
- Moderator, “Criminal Law Careers” (Harvard Law School Association Recent Graduates Council Panel, June 2014)
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.