25 Old Broad Street
London, EC2N 1HQ
+44 (0) 20 7847 6623
Oleg Shaulko is a CIS-focused litigator who advises private clients and financial institutions in cross-border commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in matters involving regulatory compliance, allegations of fraud and white-collar crimes.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Mr. Shaulko practiced at Hogan Lovells, where he advised on matters involving allegations of fraud, corporate manipulation and internal investigations. He has also served as a practicing advocate of the Kyiv Bar Chambers, advising high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients in London and Kyiv.
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- BPP University, GDL and LPC
- University of Liverpool, LLM
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, LLM
- Kyiv National Linguistic University, BA
- Representation of an individual in a multi-claim contest under the Civil Code of Ukraine between ex-business partners in relation to the largest industrial corporations in Ukraine - Industrial Union of Donbass (ISD). The various claims are well in excess of U.S. $2 billion. The case was ranked 3rd in The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2019.
- Representation of a Forbes-listed individual in a London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) arbitration with a Russia-based entity over the fraudulent appropriation of around U.S. $120 million of Russia-based assets. The matter was conducted under the law of the Russian Federation.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Ukrainian National Bar Association, Member
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group, Member
Publications & Presentations
- Author, “Ukraine’s Litigation Funding Push May Help Fight Corruption” (Law360, April 2020)
- Co-author, “Back to the budget: How the British experience will simplify the return of withdrawn assets” (Europeyska Pravda, April 2020)
- Author, “Arbitrability of corporate disputes in Ukraine” (Legal Practice N10 (741), February 2012)
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.