HKRI Centre One, HKRI Taikoo Hui
288 Shimen Yi Road
People's Republic of China (PRC)
+86 21 3210 2187
Nan Wang represents clients in cross-border disputes, especially in matters involving multinational companies and state-owned enterprises (SOE) operating in the People’s Republic of China. Ms. Wang also counsels companies in internal investigations stemming from Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) allegations and regulatory violations.
Prior to joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Wang practiced at a global law firm, where she concentrated on commercial litigation and government regulatory investigations. She also worked as a senior adviser on Asia markets at a global consulting firm, advocating on behalf of multinational companies in international trade matters.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LLB
- Acting as counsel to Fujian Jinhua Integrated Circuit Co., Ltd. (JHICC) in opposing a decision by the End User Review Committee (ERC), chaired by the U.S. Department of Commerce, to place JHICC on the Commerce Entity List. The challenge will take the form of a detailed petition to the ERC Chairman requesting removal of the company from the Entity List, or in the alternative, modification of the restrictions imposed.
- Representation of an interested party in connection with certain international aspects of a potential PRC Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) regulatory investigation into a transaction involving China and Hong Kong operations for over US $2 billion.
- Representation of a major multinational company in an internal investigation regarding possible fraud and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) issues stemming from its operations in Asia.
- Representation of a state-owned enterprise (SOE) in China and its subsidiaries in China and the U.S. in defending against a multidistrict product liability class action.
- Representation of a state-owned Chinese financial institution in defending against a money laundering and terrorism financing lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of an international pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation in connection with alleged violations of the FCPA for its sales and marketing practices and third-party agency relationships in China.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, "Mitigating the Risks of Bribery: Lessons From Recent Trends in Latin America and Asia" (The Federal Lawyer, January/February 2018)
- Co-author, "Corruption & Bribery: How MNCs Should Navigate the Risks" (Asian Legal Business: Guide to the Belt and Road Initiative, November 2018)
- Author, "What China’s Recent ICO Ban Means for Greater-China-Based Virtual Currency Businesses" (Hong Kong Lawyer, October 2017)
- Co-author, "Of Carrots and Sticks" (India Business Law Journal, January 2017)
- Co-author, "Investigations in the Middle Kingdom: What Florida Lawyers Need to Know About Internal Investigations in the People’s Republic of China" (International Law Quarterly, January 2017)
- Co-author, “Clampdown on Multinationals in China Continues” (Corporate Counsel, November 2016)
- Co-author, "Get Ready for Disputes As US-China Deals Multiply" (Law 360, June 2016)
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.