9 Forum Lane, Suite 3207
Camana Bay, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands, KY1-9006
+1 345 749 4004
Ilona Groark primarily assists clients with complex multi-jurisdictional commercial, shareholder and financial disputes and asset recovery. Her particular areas of expertise are matters involving fraud and asset tracing, and joint venture / partnership disputes. Ms. Groark is also well-versed in insolvency disputes and assisting institutional clients with regulatory investigations.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Groark practiced at Ogier in the Cayman Islands and Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in London, where she represented major financial institutions, high net worth individuals, energy companies and other institutional clients in high value cross-border disputes.
- Attorney-at-law, Cayman Islands
- Solicitor, England & Wales (with Higher Rights of Audience)
- University of Cambridge (Downing College), MA, Law
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course, Distinction
- Regent’s University, Accredited Mediator
- Lord Justice Jackson, Court of Appeal of England & Wales (2009) – Judicial assistant to the Review of Civil Litigation Costs in England & Wales
Professional & Community Involvement
- Cayman Islands Legal Practitioners Association, Member
- INSOL International, Member
- Restructuring and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA), the Cayman Islands Chapter of INSOL, Member of the Events Subcommittee
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Member
- 100 Women in Finance, Member
"Senior associate Ilona Groark is always responsive, no matter the time of day" -- The Legal 500
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.