Gabrielle K.W. Liu
ICBC Tower, 6th Floor
3 Garden Road
Central, Hong Kong
+852 2127 3221
Gabrielle Liu focuses on cross-border insolvency and bankruptcy matters and government enforcement defense. In particular, she regularly represents Asia-based clients including financial institutions, state-owned entities and multinational corporations, specifically with regard to navigating bankruptcy and liquidation disputes and related court proceedings. She also represents clients in international government investigations involving allegations of bribery and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Liu practiced with Mayer Brown JSM, where she handled matters relating to bankruptcy, restructuring and insolvency litigation.
- City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
- The University of Hong Kong, CPE
- University of Cambridge, MA
- University of Cambridge, BA
- Representing former senior executive of China subsidiary of global pharmaceutical company in a U.S. government inquiry into corruption allegations.
- Representation of a Vietnamese state-owned enterprise in a dispute with creditor banks to facilitate a US $450 million restructuring via an English scheme of arrangement.
- Representation of the employees of a large U.S. cosmetics corporation in a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation in respect of its China-based operations.
- Representation of U.S. aircraft leasing company in a dispute with a defaulting airline lessor and advising on remedial action.
- Representation of a Hong Kong airline in settlement negotiations arising out of a fraud litigation against a former employee.
- Representation of an Asia-based business executive in a multi-jurisdictional investigation involving allegations of fraud, bribery, and money laundering.
Professional & Community Involvement
- Hong Kong Law Society, Member
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Member
Publications & Presentations
- Co-author, "Singapore: Resurgent Litigation" (Global Arbitration Review, July 2015)
- Contributing author, "Enforcement of Foreign Judgments — Hong Kong" (Getting the Deal Through, 2015)
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.