Christopher J. Howitt
25 Old Broad Street
London, EC2N 1HQ
+44 (0) 20 3301 6596
Christopher Howitt is an English Barrister who focuses on advising European clients in disputes in the High Court in London and in London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) arbitrations. Mr. Howitt's practice covers a wide range of industries, including energy and financial products and services, in which he has represented clients in cross-border judgment enforcement matters and international arbitrations.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Mr. Howitt practiced with WilmerHale, where he gained particular experience in disputes concerning aviation, energy, and financial services.
- Barrister, England & Wales
- Barrister, Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands)
- City University, GDI
- Oxford University, BA
- Representation of Chevron in enforcing an investment treaty award for US $100 million+ against the Republic of Ecuador.
- Representation of ConocoPhillips in relation to the enforcement of a US $1 billion+ International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) judgment and International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration claims against the Republic of Venezuela.
- Representation of a Spanish real estate holding company in a case in the High Court in London against multiple international corporations involving interest-rate swaps used to finance a property purchase.
- Representation of an investment firm in a voluntary insolvency proceeding in Spain defending against claims in the High Court in London to accelerate loan repayments due to the insolvency.
- Representation of a U.S. hedge fund administrator in an arbitration in the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) concerning the alleged overvaluation of assets in the fund's portfolio.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.