Christen M. Martosella
800 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10022
+1 212 488 1251
Christen Martosella represents clients across various industries in high-stakes commercial disputes and investigations. She has particular experience in intellectual property matters, deal litigation and arbitration.
Before joining Kobre & Kim, Ms. Martosella served as the in-house counsel for a media startup. Earlier in her career, she practiced at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, where she focused on complex commercial litigation, arbitration and government investigations. After graduating from law school, she clerked for the Honorable Henry duPont Ridgely of the Delaware Supreme Court.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New York University School of Law, JD, cum laude
- Yale University, BA, cum laude
- Honorable Henry duPont Ridgely, Delaware Supreme Court (September 2011 – August 2012)
Intellectual Property & Technology Litigation
- Representation of Daewoong, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Asia, in trade secret litigation in California against its main competitor, regarding a botulinum toxin drug.
- Representation of Spanish R&D company Fractus S.A. in several patent infringement actions against the major U.S. cellular carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint) and two antenna manufacturers. After a successful trial representation in the Eastern District of Texas, Kobre & Kim obtained a favorable out-of-court settlement for the client resulting in the transfer of its base station antenna technology patent portfolio.
Government Enforcement Defense
- Representation of a Brazilian banker in connection with a DOJ and SEC investigation into potential FCPA violations.
- Representation of corporate employees in connection with a DOJ and SEC investigation into potential FCPA violations across Latin America.
Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.