Many of our engagements involve matters in which our clients face significant public attention. The following is a list of news stories about the firm, our clients, cases and the results we have achieved.
Client Alert June 18, 2019
- The January 2017 Executive Order “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” broadens the categories of immigrants who can face deportation to include those who pose, in the judgment of an immigration officer, a “risk to public safety or national security.”
- Under “Project Red,” ICE has collaborated with state and local law enforcement agencies, the United States Marshals Service, Europol, and Interpol to target and arrest individuals wanted by foreign governments. This is a departure from precedent for the U.S.
- In a recent demonstration of Project Red, ICE arrested 105 immigrants and foreign nationals in a five-day enforcement operation in New Jersey. Several of these individuals were the subject of Interpol Red Notices for alleged crimes in their home countries.
Client Alert May 22, 2019
- Relations between India and the U.S. have recently experienced a few blows, including the termination of the former's preferential trading status with the U.S.
- For future Indian defendants, it will be of paramount importance to understand the strategies and tactics of U.S. enforcement agencies in charge of bribery, national security and fraud investigations.
- When regulators come knocking, those who choose to sit idly by will find themselves at a disadvantage.
Client Alert December 20, 2018
- The U.S. government has made its intentions clear that it will investigate and prosecute PRC-based companies and individuals that it believes employ illegal tactics to compete with U.S. companies in key sectors.
- Future U.S. actions could come from any number of directions.
- Whatever action comes next, a cross-border perspective and willingness to represent PRC-side clients against the U.S. government will be essential to an effective response.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tim O'Keefe | Global Head of Marketing & Communications
email | +1 212 488 1200