Hong Kong Lawyers William F. McGovern and John Han Share Thoughts With FinanceAsia on What to Expect in 2015
January 9, 2015
William McGovern and John Han of the Hong Kong office shared with FinanceAsia, one of Asia’s leading financial publications, their insights into Asia’s regulatory landscape for the coming year.
In the article titled “Year of the Asian regulator,” Mr. McGovern and Mr. Han describe what to expect in the Asia legal market in 2015, including:
1. the use of FATCA and related agreements to increase scrutiny of Asian banking practices,
2. possible increase in internal investigations at multinational corporations as a result of an uptick in whistleblower information originating in Asia,
3. a potential surge in international disputes due to increasing Chinese outbound investment,
4. exposed investors to overlapping regulations from different regulatory bodies, and
5. a possible rise in cross-border investigations in Asia.
To read the full article, click here.